Saturday, January 11, 2014

2013 is Gone. What's on The Agenda 2014?

2013 came and went like a blur. I was so busy with my job that I really didn't get to accomplish what I really wanted. I know I shouldn't let job consume my life, especially when they don't pay what I'm worth. But there were highlights and low lights for the year.

Highlights of 2014

1. I had my 1 year anniversary with my husband. I still can't believe that I have a husband much less being 1 year deep. So for our anniversary, we took a cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. But first we stopped by my dad's place so we could eat our top layer if wedding cake, like tradition.
2. We taken a short trip to Florida to spend with my mom and the beach. We actually left the airport and went straight to the beach. We made couple beach stops which granted us 2 stops at Joe's Crab Shack. Eating Joe's after the beach is an awesome compliment to the day. We met up with family and friends. My aunt and my mom's friend were postering who's favorite I was. Lol, never seen grown women act that way before. It was an experience.
3. We took a trip to New Mexico to visit Jason's family. Had a good time except for one day (see this post). We went to Santa Fe, the State Fair and I got my iPhone 5S. Didn't have to wait in a line like I would have to in NY. Jason got to order his because they didn't have the unlocked version yet. It was great seeing Jason's family. They are great. I couldn't ask for more. They have accepted me totally.

There really isn't any more highlights. I was spending my life working & stressing. So with that note, let's get into the lowlights of the year.

1. Lost a 20 year friendship over bullshit. (See point #3 above)
2. Spent hours of overtime at work that I will never get back or get compensated for. Frankly, I'm not appreciated. However, unless you are the CEO/President are you really?
3. My father had a stroke and I couldn't be there for him. Reason? Work wouldn't let me off and my father being stubborn and not wanting me to see him ill. Makes me realize that time is running out for my parents. They are getting to the age where anything can happen and both of them are sickly.

What do I expect in 2014? I do expect some changes big and small. So far the following are in the works:

1. Planning a 14 day cruise with my mom to Asia. Leaves Japan and ends in Singapore. I'm excited about this. The only things that would prevent this would be pregnancy and death.
2. Building my website this year for my personal consulting business; C Leigh Consulting. My company services are tax, accounting and minor computer services. I am looking forward to this site. I used to have one on Google Apps and they discontinued their services, as usual.
3. Building my company. Hoping to really expand my company. So a good focus is needed. I have 2 clients that need data entry currently. One can't be done on a regular basis. Other is starting to need to, but not enough to be my sole bread winner.
4. I also want to get these stories out of my head and onto paper (more like book). I don't want to leave this earth without getting them down. So I am going to try to write more.

Well 2014 is going to be a year of changes; good or bad. One thing for sure I'm going to live it to the best with the people who live and support me. What do you want to accomplish in 2014?





2 comments:

Chrisor (@ynotkissme) said...

This is such a great post! Much better than a New Year's resolution one. Just a look back and a look forward. As it should be. I sure hope you'll be able to further your goal of your own business in 2014. If you put in as many hours on your own business as you do for your current job, no doubt it would be a success! Your trip to Asia sounds amazing. I've got a friend I met on Instagram who lives in Singapore and seeing her pics all the time make me want to go! I feel the same way as you do about writing and getting the words out of my head. Let's make this happen! :-)

Tiger's Lair said...

@ynotkissme I am actually looking for collaborators for an anthology,. Let me know if you're interested.

Resolutions never happen. So goals are much better. Hope you achieve your goals this year.