Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm Going Gangnam Style

So this artist Psy from Korea has taken over the US with his zany music video. My hubby showed me the video back in July and I thought it was the mist ridiculous thing I ever seen. He thought it was hilarious. I think I may be missing the gene that makes this hilarious. Since then there are so many parody's if this video. There's a Mitt Romney Style to name one. It got into the presidential campaign.

So what does Gangnam style me to me. It means to be wild and spontaneous, but have fun doing it. I'm not so care free and spontaneous. I would love to be. I always admired people who just picked up done exciting things. Me? I have to plan and over analyze anything that I do. I just can't jump in. Take jumping into a pool. You can do a run and jump in. Me... I have to know how deep the pool is first before I take the running leap into it.

I've always been like this since I was a kid. So it's a very hard habit to break. I feel compelled to take care of everyone close to me. However, I don't like people taking care of me. This is an adjustment that I'm learning to make now that I am married. My hubby has the same issue too. He'd rather take care of me than allow me to take care of him. It's an adjustment that is in progress for both of us.

So what am I going to do Gangnam style? I'm going to take a lot of leaps of faith when travelling and everyday life. I am no longer by myself. I have someone who has my back if something goes wrong. I never felt like I had that before. My biggest leap will be quitting my job to concentrate on writing full time. I don't know when that will be. But it is some time in my future. I need to save up a nest egg, for such occasion. Until then, expect me to go dune bugging, zip lining or something dangerous (my perception danger) on my travels. Maybe I'll conquer most of my fears.

What leaps of faith do you wish to accomplish? What's holding you back?




No comments: