Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: The Lightning Thief


The Lightning Thief
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I seen the movie couple of times. I normally can't read a book that I already seen the movie to. I hate the redundancy, I guess. I picked up the book anyhow. I wanted something quick and easy. That's not what I got. I got a quest. The book managed to grab my attention and keep it. By the second chapter, I noticed that this book is not anywhere close to the movie. The movie stripped the book of its depth and essential characters.

I love Greek & Roman mythology. It was one of my favorites growing up. So it was a joy to read. I love the way Riordan picked up lesser Gods and gave them voices. This is a great book on conquering your fear and doing what's right. A great lesson for young adults.

I really enjoyed this book. I love the main characters. I will read the next book because I want to find out if Percy & Annabeth end up in the same school. I'm curious on the Titan that is waking up. I believe Riordan did a good job capturing my imagination and my attention. It is a great book.



View all my reviews

No comments: