Thursday, November 10, 2011

Solitaire Free


One of my first games on my iPod that moved to my iPhone was Solitaire Free. I figured all phones should have a solitaire game. I didn't want a game that only had one type of solitaire game: Klondike. I wanted a game that had numerous. However, I didn't want to have to pay for it. I found Solitaire Free.
1
Solitaire Free contains a variety of games, but not all that I wanted. It didn't contain Pyramid solitaire. The game consists of the following games.
Baker's Game & Baker's Game Easy:
6
2
I thought this was like Freecell. I still don't really know how to play this game. All logical steps to me don't work. The instructions are not so clear either.
Demon:
Photobucket
This game looked interesting. Never heard of it before this game. I read the instructions 5 or more times. I tried the game. I finally understood the game and got hooked. It is one of the hardest games to play. You never ever win a game in 3 tries. I even played this game offline and played with a real deck of cards. This game still fascinates me.
Klondike 1 & Klondike 3:
4
3
This is the standard solitaire game we all know and love. Difference in games is that you can draw 1 card versus 3 in the other. Drawing 3 is more challenging than 1.
Spiderette:
5
Spiderette is a more petite version of Spider that we used to play on Windows PCs. It's not a great solitaire. It does catch your attention when you first learn the game. Then your attention fades. It's not a game I'd look to play when I'm bored. I'd rather choose Klondike or Pyramid.
Yukon:
8
This is just a backwards Klondike. It's a fun game. I really don't have much to say about this game because I already discussed Klindike. It is worth playing though.
Overall this app is a good free, solid game. I'd like if they had more games. The slots in the menu they have for the additional variety of the 2 games, Klondike and Bakers, they could've put 2 other games. They could make the 2 additional variety a menu change in the respective game. Guess that may be too much programming for a free game. However, there are a lot of free games with better programming. I will not knock this game. It good for its purpose.

Solitaire Free can be found in the iTunes App store for free.

[iOS]

No comments: