Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Wishy Washy Idiot

We are working on a big reforecast for the second half of this year. We are down to fine tuning it. We have a board meeting on the 3rd of August. We are all stressed.

Each department manager (6 of them) had to reforecast for their budget. I had to do my dept, the capex budget and the whole balance sheet. I am also the one to combine all the pieces together and get them ready to distribute to the "Idiot" and the "Doctor".

The Doctor made some cuts. I fixed them. Now we are trying to tweek the numbers to give a better margin. So this is where the Idiot nearly made me cry out of frustration. He gives me a formula to use. I use it but the numbers are not coming out like it should. It should be decreasing, but instead it was increasing. We argued back and forth. He even yelled at me saying it's simple math. This is his formula now that's not working. He's such a micro-manager that it must be done the way he wants. I finally said I was going to do it my way.

Guess what?!? My way worked!!! Of course I am the woman. Using his math was my downfall. Will I use it again? Never. He's an asshole. He had me feeling like shit for a good chunk of the day.

I don't know how long I can stay at this company with him as my boss. The Doctor always let you get to the results your way. He doesn't micro-manage. He's the type to say, "I don't care how you do it. Just get it to me when I ask for it.". He trusts you. Idiot doesn't trust anyone. He probably doesn't even trust his mother. Today, if I drank, would be a day I'd want to get wasted.

The clock is ticking. Tic Tok tik tok.........





No comments: