Friday, May 28, 2010

Friendships

It's amazing how you meet people and form bonds. Sometimes it's just for a situation and it ends once the situation is over. Sometimes it lasts.

I play this game called Final Fantasy XI. It's a game you get to play with people all over the world. I love the game. I even keep a blog just for it. However, you meet people on there. There've people who've met on there and got married in real life. Some find it taboo to even
talk to people from the game outside the game. But people are people. Whether you talk to them thru the game, on instant messenger, on the telephone or in person.

I am a social woman, if I really got along with you in the game, I'll talk to you outside of the game. I have went to the movie with one person I met from the game. Talk to a few on instant messenger and one person on the phone. I like to get to know people. I just don't like the game playing of dating. But that's a different story for a different post.

Why this post? Well I want to express finding gems from the least likely places. I started building a friendship with a guy I met on FFXI. We started off on Instant messenger and now we communicate by messenger or telephone. Occassionally we've mailed stuff to each other
too. I speak to him every day. When I started talking to him, he was married. I knew that from the game. I was not trying to break up a marriage or anything. He is a genuinely nice guy to me. So why should I not be friends with him. Just because he's married doesn't make him
off limits to friendships. I know he was going thru a rough spot with his relationship, but the most part we didn't discuss it unless it was weighing on his mind and wanted to discuss it. I may at times bring it up because I sense something in his speech that something was bothering him.

We've been communicating for nearly 5 months, everyday. So I kind of gotten a feel for how he thinks. He has some strange hobbies but they are not dangerous. We have to expect a bit o strange in everyone. I know I'm strange and hard to figure out to some people. But a lot of
people don't have the patience to figure me out. Yeah I just strayedagain, sorry, back to what I was saying.

It's weird how much I enjoy having conversations with this guy. I feel quite myself and don't feel like I have to live up to any expectations. I don't feel like I have to be on my guard. Mind you, 5
months ago, I just played with him on a game. We talked and had fun on the game. I tend to go on lots of hiatus from the game because of my life patterns. He was in my linkshell one day I came back from a hiatus. And he just seemed like so much fun when in the linkshell. He
was down for whatever!!!!

I found out how much of a genuine person he truly he is this week. He knew that I was having he worst week. I came home on Thursday to find a package from him. I opened it to find a tiger statue.
Photobucket
He knows I love tigers. He said he knew I was having a rough week and he wanted
to make me feel a bit better. I was so happy that I was in near tears. He seriously thought about me and chose something I would like, purchased it with his own money and mailed it to me. I never asked him to. He just wanted to make me feel better. That was unbelievably nice
of him. He has no intention of trying to date me. He was being nice. I want to say his momma and poppa raised him right. They raised a good guy who has some very different quirks. They done very good. I do see that we could be very good friends evem in the future.

Friends come into your lives for a reason. You never know why, but never regret any friendships you make. Even if they fail. They served a purpose in that time of your life.  Treasure what time you do have with them.

No comments: