Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Remembrance

Today is the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I am a survivor of these attacks. I was down there that day. What saved me that day was that I was running late. It may saved my life, but I got to dodge bodies and debris, smelled burning flesh and sheer utter terror. I did end up in the hospital that night. Only lasting issue that I have is some nerve damage in my hip. I am lucky that I wasn't burned or disfigured.

I do not like this day and the week that leads up to this day. All e media does is make me re-live this experience. I do not wish to so. They are not pleasant memories. I'd rather move on with my life without my past being repeated. I barely looked at my Facebook page because of all the posts. I don't want to read it. I may sound callous, but put yourself in my shoes. I don't want to see the towers falling again.

We all mourn and get over tragedies differently. Some of us need constant reminder of the pain. Some of us don't. I'm the latter. Please do not discuss 9/11 with me. I will not listen or participate in it. What I will participate in is wishing my BFF Angelique a Happy Birthday.

No comments: