Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Doodle Jump

Doodle Jump by Lima Sky is a mindless game that can be addictive. I should tell you the story on how I have this game on my iPhone. It makes this game nostalgic and a funny memory. 

When I first got my iPhone my boss was showing me some features of the phone on his own. Then he asked to see mine. I handed my phone to him. I trust him so it was no big deal. A minute later he said, here type in your password. I did as told and handed my phone back to him. Couple seconds later he goes into his wallet and takes out $1.00 and handed me both the $1.00 and my phone. He downloaded Doodle Jump and said it is the best game he's played so far. 

Cute story right? Well let's get this review going. Like I said this game is mindless and very simple. The opening screen is very simple.
DJ 1


The object of the game is to get the doodle as high as possible. 


<DJ 2
DJ 3


I really can't tell you what happens towards the top. I can never make it to the top for 2 reasons. One, I can't concentrate on the game for too long. And two, I have very little patience.
This game requires both. 

Lima has made multiple updated to the game to keep it fresh. The updates are usually new themes. So far they have the following:
- Halloween
- Easter (can only play when you change your name to Hop)
- Soccer
- Winter
- Outer Space
- Amazon Jungle
- Under Water
I am looking forward to new themes. This game does get a lot of love from their designer and it still in iTunes top 50. 

The game play is simple. You move your phone in the direction you want your doodle to go. I am always rotating games on my iPhone. I have never taken this game off of my phone. I don't play it often but it's a game that helps me pass the time.

Doodle Jump can be found in the iTunes App Store for $0.99.

[iOS]

No comments: