Monday, January 24, 2011

Hale N Hearty Soup = HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Today we had to wait nearly 2.5 hrs for our soup.  So our Sales Operations Mgr at my company decided to write in to them to tell them how unhappy we were with their service today. He gets an email back from the CEO!!! I am not sure if he was being sincere or an ass. But he's sure is cocky as a motherfucker. There's no apology for the disorganization of  his staff. I'm sure if he ordered something & it took nearly 2.5 hrs he'd be bitching & calling everyone & their supervisor as to where his stuff is. This apology was not heartfelt. Just his way of being dick.

Here's the email:

From: Simon Jacobs [mailto:SJacobs@haleandhearty.com] On Behalf Of Simon Jacobs Web


Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 2:21 PM

To: xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Cc: Glenn Karow; 40east23rd; Mike Savini

Subject: RE: Order # 51491 23rd St

thx for your email.

I apologize for the poor service today.

Plz understand that on a day like today, we are everyone's first choice for soup, and also, tons of people don't want to leave their offices, which causes a huge spike in orders.

The delivery dept gets overwhelmed and is struggling to keep up throughout lunch.

I will gladly arrange a free replacement meal whenever you’d like it. Plz call the store and ask for one of the managers when you want it, and they'll arrange it.

On days with inclement weather such as this, I advise customers, if they really cant get to the store, to either order VERY early or to order from someone else.

Again, my apologies.

Simon Jacobs

CEO

Hale and Hearty Soups

75 Ninth Avenue

New York, New York 10011

Tel: 212-255-2400 Ext: 2017

Email:sjacobs@haleandhearty.com

Web: http://www.haleandhearty.com/


From: xxxxx xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 2:14 PM

To: Simon Jacobs Web

Subject: Order # 51491 23rd St

I placed an order today at 12:20 PM and it’s now 2:11 PM and still no food. Your restaurant is 2 blocks from my office. On top of this, is your poor customer service. I was given a delivery window of 1:20 to 1:50. After it taking nearly 20 minutes to get a hold of someone at your restaurant I’m told my food is still at the restaurant with no idea as to how long it will take to get to me. Yum, soggy salad and cold soup for lunch, my favorite!

There was not even an attempt to call me to tell me that my lunch will be 30 to 60 minutes late.

I am telling you now that I am NEVER ordering from your restaurant again. You have so much competition in New York City that I can just go elsewhere next time to a restaurant that values their customers.

xxxxx xxxxxx
Sales Operations Manager

No comments: