Thursday, December 2, 2010

JH Meets Mom

My mom finally came up to visit from Florida. She is stayec with us for 3 weeks. I was a bit nervous for this visit. She was very against JH living with me. It was not to do with JH at all but her beliefs. She doesn't believe in men and women living together if they are not married.


When she arrived, JH and I went to pick her up at the airport. This was their first meeting. He helped her with her bags and got her into the car. It was a very pleasant ride back home.


She got to spend a lot of time with him. He even received the "what are your intentions" talk from her. Hell he even got that from my bro and my father.


Since we were going to spend Thanksgiving as a family, we decided to cook. We had gingerbeer, pineapple drink, ham, chicken, curried goat, asparagus, spinach, sweet potato, mac & cheese, rice & peas and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. It was good food. We all ate until we had the itis.


I really enjoyed the time with my mom. We didn't bicker like we usually do. She did tell me she really likes JH. Normally this would make me not like JH. This time is different. JH has gotten under my skin.


My mom left after 3 weeks and she invited JH down for Christmas. However, I'm the only person heading down. He and my bro has to work. The situation sucks because I wanted to spend Christmas with all of my family. My mom left happy. She coud tell JH is a great guy.


Side Note: My sister finally met JH. She likes him. She asked me if I'm having a big wedding or so because Camille is dying to be in a wedding. I told her I'm having a destination wedding. Nothing big. However, the conversation is premature because JH hasn't even proposed.

No comments: