Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brainstormer v1.4.1

I downloaded this app called "Brainstormer" for iOS devices. It's an app that is equivalent to a writing prompt.






You have 3 pin wheels you spin for 3 different words for the prompt. You can also press the button that has a picture of dice. That will randomly select for you. I think that's much better feature.

I spun each wheel and gotten the prompt of: "Competition, Naval & War Room".



I pressed the dice and came up with the prompt of "Concession, Arabic & Golf Course".



Each of these I believe I can write a mini story on. However, I'm already in middle of too many things. This app though should help me alleviate some writer's block in the future.

Is this app worth it?

It depends. If you like to write, I believe it can help inspire new ideas for you to write on. Stimulation feeds the creative mind. This app works without an data connection so you can use it when you are traveling with spotty to no internet connection.

If you find that you need more prompts, you can purchase expansion packs from the settings. The in-app purchase price for each pack is $0.99. However, I believe you have plenty to last a lifetime with what it already comes with.



If you are not a writer, then this app would serve you no purpose.

This app us universal to both iPhone, iPad and iPod. It can be found in the iTunes App Store for $1.99  as of today's posting.

[iOS]

No comments: