Monday, May 3, 2010

Preying on The Innocent

I have been meaning to write this post for some time now. I needed proof of what I was talking about before I discuss it. For the past 10 years that I have been back in NY, there's this doctor's office that
has really gotten a reaction from me everyday.

There are 2 signs hanging on the gates to the property. The first one says her name and number. The second one says "Circumcisions Prevents HIV." That sign makes me react. What kind of stupidity is that. She is
preying on the ignorant and the uneducated. She has went thru countless years of school. She should know how HIV can be passed on.
5-3-10

First, I am the only person in my immediate family who is not in the health field. I have discussed this topic with my family, my personal doctor and various others in the health field. They all agree with me that this doctor is just after money by preying on those who don't know better.

Circumcisions can help you spot a laceration on the head of a penis. That can assist you to decide whether you want to risk having unprotected. It doesn't prevent HIV. Just gives you clearer vision on
the penis.

You can catch HIV from unprotected sex, sharing needles, lacerations, and blood donations. I am going to list each way to get and how to prevent.

Getting HIV from a blood donation in 1st World countries is extremely rare now since they check your blood before you donate. In 3rd world countries it is possible because they do not have resources to screen
blood. If you find yourself in a 3rd world country try not to get into a situation where you need a transfusion. If you do, have yourself flown to a 1st World country. It may be expensive, but would you
rather catch something that will inevitably kill you.

Lacerations, is when one person has a cut and the next person does and somehow the 2 cuts meet. Sometimes people do not know that they have a cut because it's so miniscule. Always, always use gloves if you are helping to tend to a wound on someone.

Never share needles!!! Whether it's for drugs or tattoos. You are giving the virus a direct connection. You can catch more than just HIV!!!

Lastly is having unprotected sex. Don't do it unless you are both tested and 200% sure that your other is not stepping out in the relationship. Always use a condom. If you have a latex allergy, there are condoms that you can use. Unfortunately lambskin condoms doesn't prevent transmission of STDs or HIV. However, the BEST way to prevent HIV is to be "abstinent."

If a doctor tells you that you have to be circumcized to prevent HIV, please run the opposite way. They just want money.

No comments: